The BaleDoneen Method® Preceptorship two-day course will teach health care providers necessary measures to prevent heart attacks, ischemic strokes and type 2 diabetes. This intensive two-day presentation uses an interactive format for CV prevention. Continually updated literature and sound, measurable, evidence-based science and peer-reviewed journals are utilized in this dynamic method of prevention that applies research directly to the clinical setting.
You will return to your practice with clinical tools to help you implement what you’ve learned about optimal care and CVD prevention. This course welcomes all medical providers (MD, DO, NP, PA, PharmD, etc.) as well as all dental providers who are interested in patient wellness, the prevention of heart attacks, ischemic strokes and diabetes.
The BaleDoneen Method® was co-founded by Bradley Bale, MD and Amy Doneen, DNP, ARNP, for the prevention of heart attacks, ischemic strokes and diabetes. The BaleDoneen Method is designed to improve and save lives and is being integrated into practice by medical and dental providers on a global basis.
There are six basic elements to the BaleDoneen Method:
- Education of the patient
- Disease evaluation
- Root causes of disease
- Optimal goals to minimize risk
The BaleDoneen Method challenges the current standard of care by proposing a disease treatment paradigm rather than a risk factor paradigm. The disease treatment paradigm is founded on the discovery of whether plaque is present in the arterial bed, which indicates that the patient is at risk for heart attack, ischemic stroke or diabetes and must be properly treated. The BaleDoneen Method operates on the presumption that these three health care issues are preventable.
Up to 17.5 Prescribed credit hours available by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Breakfast Buffet and Registration
- Welcome, Introductions, Schedule and Disclosures
- Integration of BaleDoneen Method with an Overview of ASVD
- Red Flags for potential CV risk
- EDUCATION – Event Reality
- Determining Risk by Disease vs Major Risk Factors
- Arterial Inflammation
- Insulin resistance
- Root Causes – multiple
- Oral Systemic disease
- Optimal Goals
- Clinical Application of BaleDoneen Method: Case Illustrations
Saturday: 7:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Foundation Treatment: Lifestyle – exercise; weight; diet
- Foundation Treatment: Lifestyle – supplements
- Foundation Treatment: Statin
- Foundation Treatment: ACE/ARB
- Periodontal Disease Treatment
- Lunch – non-CME guest lecture
- Foundation Treatment: Antiplatelet
- Supplemental Treatment: Nicotinic Acid, PCSK-9
- Supplemental Treatment: Insulin Resistance Therapy
- Supplemental Treatment: Fibrate, Zetia, Bile Acid, Beta Blockade
- Clinical Application with Q&A
- Delivery of Certificates and Course Evaluations
Class sizes are limited so please sign up early. As dates approach, we will post hotel venue locations with block room rates for overnight stays.
A special thanks to Perio Protect for providing dental CE Certificates for this course.